TIBET Mt. EVEREST Base
Lhasa, Gyantse, Shigatse and travel across
the Tibetan highlands to Rongphu Monastery
and Mount Everest BaseCamp.
Best Season: April-October.
- Explore the highlights of the historic
cities of Lhasa, Gyantse & Shigatse.
- Drive across the Tibetan Hinglands to
Rongphu Monastery below Mt.
- Hike up the spectacular Rongphu valley
to the Mount Everest Base Camp.
- Enjoy great views of the North face of
Mt. Everest and other Himalayan peaks.
Tibet with Mount Everest BaseCamp Tour is a
very comprehensive tour of Tibet with visits
to the cultural, historic and natural attractions
of Tibet. The tour includes all the important
places of interest in central & south Tibet
including a visit to Rongphu Monastery and Mt.
Everest Base Camp. After flying in to Lhasa
from Kathmandu, Chengdu or Beijing, explore
the cultural and historic sites of Lhasa, Shigatse
and Gyantse. Afterwards drive overland, in 4-WD
jeeps, across the Tibetan highlands and high
passes to the fabled Rongphu Monastery and Mt.
Everest Base Camp from where the view of the
great North face of Mount Everest is the most
spectacular of all. Tour starts with flight
in and out of Lhasa.
T O U R D A T E S -
2 0 0 5
30 April-09 May
28 May-06 June
25 Jun-04 July
23 July-01 Aug
29 Oct-07 November
2 passengers required for tours to go.
start/ends with flights to/from Lhasa,
to Lhasa are available from Kathmandu,
tours are available on request.
T I N E R A R Y
Fly Kathmandu, Chengdu or Beijing to Lhasa
in Tibet. Hotel.
Visit Potala Palace, Norbulinka, Drepung
& Sera monasteries, Jokhang Temple,
and Barkhor Bazaar. Hotel.
Drive to Gyantse passing the Yamdrok Tsho
(Turquoise Lake) and crossing the Karo La
- SHIGATSE - SHEGAR
Visit The Khumbhum Stupa & Phalkor Monastery.
Drive via Shigatse to Shegar across Tsou-la
pass and Gyatso-la pass. Hotel.
- RONGPHU MONASTERY
Drive over Pangla pass to Rongphu Monastery
situated below the giant North Face of Mt.
Everest. Monastery Guest House.
EVEREST BASE CAMP
Day hike to North Mount Everest Base Camp
(8 kms each way).
Option to hire local horse drawn cart for
the trip. Guest House.
Long return drive over the passes to Shigatse.
Visit Tashilunpo Monastery and market. Drive
to Lhasa. Hotel.
Transfer to airport for flight to Kathmandu,
Chengdu or Beijing.
End of Tour.
- Tibet Travel Permit,
- twin share accommodation in respective hotels;
- tours and transfers with English speaking guide;
- all land transport in 4-Wheel Drive jeeps;
- breakfast everyday.
- China Group Visa fees (if coming in from Nepal);
- Departure Tax at Kathmandu & Lhasa airports;
- lunches & dinners; refreshments, bottled/alcoholic
- any tips (hotels, restaurants, guide, driver,
- photography charges at monasteries/palaces/sites;
- Nepal Visa (single/multiple entry visas available);
- Any services in Kathmandu/Nepal (hotels, transport,
& Conditions apply)
for further information: Inquiry/Booking
E-Mail: [email protected]