Ganden to Samye trek, trekking from Ganden to Samye; Ganden - Samye
treks; Ganden Samye monastery trek; Tibet monastery trek, Tibetan
Buddhist monastery treks, monastery trekking, Ganden monastery to
Samye monastery trekking, Ganden trek, Samye treks, Lhasa - Ganden
- Samye - Tsetang trek.
THE HEART & SOUL OF
touring the great palaces and ancient
Buddhist temples of Lhasa trek across
the Tibetan mountains from Ganden to Samye
- two of the most sacred monasteries of
Tibet. 4-Day trekking from Ganden To Samye
Best Season: April-October.
- Visit the great Potala Palce, Drepung
Sera Monasteries, Jokhang Temple
and Barkor Bzaar in 'forbidden
city' of Lhasa.
- Trek across the Tibetan Mountains
from Ganden to Samye Monastery.
- Explore the Yarlung valley at Tsetang,
capital of the ancient Tibetan
tour starts in Lhasa, the sacred city and capital
of Tibet, where we will explore its great palaces,
monasteries and temples. We drive to Ganden
Monastery and start 4-day trek over the Tibetan
mountains to Samye, the first and holiest monastery
of Tibet. The trek through highland yak pastures
and over Shugu La pass (5200m/17000ft) takes
us to a sacred mountain where many great Buddhist
saints and teachers meditated, including Guru
Padmasambhava, the founder of Tibetan Buddhism.
The breathtaking views of the snow-capped peaks
as well as the views of Tibetan countryside
will make the journey an unforgettable one.
Witness Buddhist prayer ceremonies, visit the
homes of local Tibetans and observe religious
customs to help understand the Tibetan religion
and life. Once in the Yarlung valley we visit
the impressive Yambu Lakang and the tombs of
the ancient Tibetan Kings. A wonderful journey
to the heart and soul of Tibet.
start/ends in Lhasa, Tibet.
2 passengers required for tours to go.
to Lhasa are available from Kathmandu,
tours are available on request.
T I N E R A R Y
Fly Kathmandu, Chengdu or Beijing to Lhasa
in Tibet. Hotel.
Visit Potala Palace, Norbulinka, Drepung
& Sera monasteries, Jokhang Temple,
and Barkhor Bazaar. Hotel.
Drive to Ganden. Vist Ganden Monastery.
Walk to campsite. Camp.
- SAMYE TREK
Trekking over the Tibetan mountains to Samye.
Visit Samye Monastery. Drive to Tsetang.
Visit Yambu Lakhang and Tombs of the ancient
Tibetan Kings. Hotel.
Transfer to airport for flight to Kathmandu,
Chengdu or Beijing.
End of Tour.
- Tibet Permit &
- English speaking Tibet guide;
- Twin share accommodation in hotel/tent;
- All transport and tours in
Tibet as per itinerary.
- Breakfast during hotel stays;
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during
- Camping services and cook for trekking;
- Yaks/porters for trekking equipment/luggage
- Field staff insurance.
- China Group Visa fees (if coming in from Nepal);
- Departure Tax airports (Kathmandu, Lhasa, etc.);
- Lunches & dinners during hotel stays;
- refreshments, bottled/alcoholic drinks;
- any tips (hotels, restaurants, guide, driver,
- photography charges at monasteries/palaces/sites;
- Nepal Visa (single/multiple entry visas available);
Insurance & emergency rescue charges.
& Conditions apply)
for further information: Inquiry/Booking
E-Mail: [email protected]
Ganden to Samye trek, trekking from Ganden to
Samye; Ganden - Samye treks; Ganden Samye monastery
trek; Tibet monastery trek, Tibetan Buddhist
monastery treks, monastery trekking, Ganden
monastery to Samye monastery trekking, Ganden
trek, Samye treks, Lhasa - Ganden - Samye -
Himalayan Eco-Trekking (P) Ltd
404 Sagarmatha Complex, Naxal, Kathmandu.
G.P.O. Box 3606, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Tel: (+977-1) 4431594, 4424921. Fax: (+977-1) 4249986
Email: [email protected]