Chordung also known as Hanumante Peak trekking is positioned on the Kathmandu-Jiri Highway. There are various trekking routes in east Nepal which offers you a remarkable experience of witnessing magnificent view of nature as well as different types of human settlements along the trail but this trek has its own distinctiveness.
We have tried to accumulate as much as information exploring the inner zone of the Chordung and discovered that Hanumante is the highest peak among others in this area. This is a short course trekking southwest of the Rolwaling Valley. While trekking along the northern side of Jiri, the starting point of classic Everest trekking, is considered as an easy trekking route with the highest elevation of 3690 meters.
The beauty of the trek include enchanting views of long Himalayan Ranges such as Menlungtse (7181m) Number, Everest ridges and the rhododendron forests, the local Sherpa community and many more.
DAY 1: DRIVE FROM KATHMANDU- HANUMANTE PASS
Before1/2 hour to jiri by drive. O/n camp. We need to walk only 10 minutes away from jiri highway.
DAY 2: HANUMANTE – REIKCHAIN (2850 M)
Hanumate presides over the rust grass field, easy to accommodate approx. 50-60 tents. In spite of located quite close to the road it has its own charm and beauty. After breakfast it is an uphill climb of 3 hours, which could be tiresome, but after reaching the destination, the breathtaking scenes of the Himalayas eases your tiredness, on the way one could witness seasonal yak sheds, the trek tends to Mailechour where lunch is served. Muilechaur is surrounded by forest where one could listen the chirping of birds and see various waterfalls. After lunch it is an easy walk of the flat terrain for 2 hours though the forest after which approaches an easy climb of 45-60 minutes, reaching Reikchain .Reikchain consists of beautiful wild flowers, white rhododendron, which makes you feel very heavenly and nice. Views to be seen from reikchain are Jugalhimal, Dorgelhakpa, china border, kalinchowk and others. Due to a vast area of camping spot it is quite comfortable to spend the night at Reikchain.
DAY 3: REIKCHAIN – GHOTEDANDA (2950 M)
After breakfast the trek leads downside, where you have to cross a suspension bridge, after trekking for two hours, and small streams and some sheds can be seen on the way. Due to water shortage is served at the bank of the river. From here after a steep climb of approximately 3 hours your reach Ghotedanda. The views to be seen are the same as from reikchain. On the way, you would come across yak sheds and a cheese factory.
DAY 4: GOTHEDANDA – CHERDUNG (3700 M)
In the morning our destination is Cherdung which situated at 3700m. The entire trek route is filled with rhododendron flowers and though dense forest. The trek involves 3 steps climbs. Due to water shortage lunch cannot be prepared so the trek directly leads to the top where lunch is served. Vies to be seen are the same as the day before.
DAY 5: CHERDUNG –REST DAY
After breakfast this way we proceed to the top of Cherdung or the summit of Cherdang. On this route you could see very beautiful sights of Langtang, Numbur, Meleungste which is close as if within hand reaching and specially Gauri Shankar seems like touching your foreheads. The wide range of mountains and valley in this area are so big and huge that could be hardly seen in any other trekking area.
DAY 6: CHORDUNG – MANI DANDA
After breakfast the trek is a downside for about 2 hours. The trek passes though the forest with much kind of flowers. Then there is a break for lunch apart from the seasonal cheese factory nothing much to be seen after lunch the trek is for another two hours where you reach the camp. From Manidanda the trek is down slope for about an hour. Manidanda is place where the dead bodies are burnt, so one could witness a lot of graveyards.
DAY 7: MANIDANDA – JIRI BAZAAR
After breakfast we head towards southeast Shyamu Gaun which is quite a big village. The population here is mainly gurungs, sherpas and jirels. A huge stupa is situated at this village. Since the route involves along the riverside for trekkers it is cool and soothing. Lunch is served at the riverbank of Thulung River. Night halt is at jiri bazaar.
DAY 8: JIRI TO KATHMANDU OR EVEREST BASE CAMP DEPENDING ON YOUR INTEREST AND TIME.
- Welcome with flower on arrival terminal of international airport, Kathmandu.
- Transfer from airport to the hotel by AC/Non AC car/van/coach as per group size.
- Luggage van extra depending on the group size.
- A cell phone is provided on arrival to communicate between the group & agency.
- Welcome drinks (tea/coffee/juice as per guest request).
- 03 nights Decent Heritage Hotel on twin sharing basis including bed and breakfast.
- Ground transfers according to the tour itinerary to/from Trekking starting point.
- One full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley by an experienced sherpa guide.
- 3 course of meals (tea/coffee, breakfast, lunch & dinner) during trekking. (Veg. & Non Veg.)
- Fresh fruits as per availability in the route of Trekking.
- Twin sharing camping accommodation in the trekking route. (If a group size is 10+ one additional Sherpa is provided to arrange everything along the way)
- Crews including local Guide, Cook, Kitchen boy, helper including equipments including two men tent, kitchen tent, dining tent, toilet tent, shower tent, shower bag, table and chair, sleeping bag, mattresses and pillows etc.
- Fooding, lodging, trek allowances, gears, transfers, insurance & other expenses of travel crews.
- First aid kit box for entire trekking.
- 24 hours emergency rescue services by helicopter (but you must be insured well)
- Trek memorial souvenir at the end of the trekking.
- Farewell dinner (Typical Nepali Food with cultural show) including to/from transfers.
- Dep. txf from the hotel to KTM international airport by AC/Non AC car/van/coach as per group size.
- All Govt. taxes including 13% VAT. (Subject to change)
Cost does not include:
- Nepal entry & re-entry visa fees. US$ 25 / 40 for a month stay.
- Extra flight & Airport Taxes (Domestic & International).
- Entry fees for the sightseeing places in Kathmandu.
- Personal equipments and clothing.
- Expenses of personal nature like; shopping, alcoholic drinks etc.
- Travel insurance, rescue expenses and medical expenses.
- Donations, Tips & Gratuities.
- Extra porters if asked by the group.
- Other expenses beyond our control i.e. landslides, natural calamities, road blockade, political disturbance, flight cancellation etc
- Extra services not mentioned in trek itinerary.
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Book This Trip|
|2015-08-13||2015-09-10||Available at 10% Off||Book Now|
|2015-09-10||2015-10-12||Available at 10% Off||Book Now|
|2015-11-06||2015-12-16||Available at 10% Off||Book Now|
|2015-11-13||2015-12-09||Available at 10% Off||Book Now|
|2016-04-05||2016-05-17||Available at 10% Off||Book Now|
|2016-08-19||2016-09-04||Available @ 15% Off||Book Now|